JANUARY 2018 - CABINET MAKER
We are seeking an enthusiastic cabinet maker to join our team at our new workshop in Barnstaple, North Devon. Applicants should have at least one year's experience in a cabinet/furniture making workshop. Two to three years is preferable.
Location: Barnstaple, North Devon
Type: Full time
Hours: 8:30-5:30 Mon to Fri
Salary: Dependant on experience, training and ambition
The role will typically include (but not be limited to):
- assisting with and independently managing the production of high quality cabinetry, kitchens and free standing furniture
- fitting items produced in domestic and commercial spaces, locally and nationally
- visiting sites to measure, assess and consult with clients
The role is based at the Barnstaple workshop, 8:30am to 5:30pm Monday to Friday, with an hour for lunch. However, some long days, early starts and travel will be required on occasion to meet deadlines and deliver / fit items.
- Proficient in the safe use of woodworking machinery
- Proficient in finishing work and applying oils and lacquers
- Able to use basic CAD software (or desire to learn)
- Able to understand and read production drawings
- A positive approach and good problem solving skills
- Able to work in a deadline driven environment
- Able to work as an individual and as part of the team
- A passion for good design and high-quality work
- A customer focussed approach and attitude
- Veneering experience preferable
- Ability to use advanced CAD software (e.g. Sketch Up, AutoCAD) (or desire to learn)
Please send questions and applications via cover letter to email@example.com by 31st January 2018. Interviews will take place in the first week of February.
If you don't meet the full person criteria for the role above but would like to be considered for a different role, or an apprenticeship, please get in touch by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.